Thursday, January 1, 2015

Where it begins...

Welcome to Beauty is a Beast, 

Let's start with a little about me:
   My name is Marissa, I'm a 24 year old graduate student working towards my Masters in Library and Information Science. I haven't yet decided on a focus of study but I'm currently leaning towards public librarianship and school librarianship. As much as I enjoy the more modern "information science" side of the program, I love the more "traditional" aspects of librarianship. I'm a bibliophile and I love sharing that with people. 


   Just like my future, the purpose of this blog is rather unresolved. I imagine it will consist of a variety of things but will center on my new goal to live healthier. This includes eating better, losing weight, and getting into overall better shape. In my senior year of undergrad I managed to unintentionally lose a noticeable amount of weight and I felt really good. This is in part due to the fact that as a college student I had a rather tight budget for food, so I stuck to the essentials (for the most part). Perhaps the larger part was that I didn't want to pay for on-campus parking, this meant that I was parking a distance from campus walking to class. I ended up walking about 3 miles a day, 3 days a week. However, once I graduated I moved back into my parent's house in order to save money on rent so I could afford graduate school. This means that my previous diet and exercise went out the window and I managed to gain weight depressingly quick. 

   What follows will include my efforts to get into shape, recipes that I find or create, and various other ramblings of the goings on in my life.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great idea - both the healthy goals and the Blog! I plan to follow along! (I love to read the blogs of my friends and acquaintances)

    ReplyDelete